TIGR self-loading hunting rifles.
The Tigr self-loading hunting rifles are intended for big-and medium-size game hunting under various climatic conditions. The rifles are based on the venerable SVD Dragunov sniper rifle and differ in their improved accuracy of fire.
"Tigr" is produced in a number of versions:
- "Tigr" is chambered for 7.62x54R cartridge;
- "Tigr-308" is chambered for .308Win (7.62x51) cartridge;
- "Tigr-9" is chambered for 9.3x64 cartridge.
The specifications of the used cartridges are given in the Table. Use only the certified cartridges for safe firing.
The rifles are reloaded automatically due to the energy of powder combustion gases, bled from the barrel bore to the gas cylinder and the energy of the return spring as well.
The barrel bore is locked by three lugs on turning the bolt round its axis whilst the bolt support slides lengthwise. The trigger and firing mechanism of a hammer type allows it to deliver single-shot fire and to set the rifle at safe.
The safety of a lever type is sited on the right side of the receiver. The trigger mechanism is made detachable. The barrel bore and chamber are chrome-plated, the firing pin is spring-loaded.
The butt and hand guards are made of wood (walnut, birch, beech) or the impact-resistant polymer. The wooden butt is furnished with a rubber butt pad.
The iron sight consists of the sight leaf and front sight adjustable for windage and elevation. The range of the aimed fire through the iron sight is 300 m.
Found on the receiver left side is an unified rail for the optical sight accommodation. The iron sight allows to deliver aimed fire with the optical sight in place.
The rifle modifications have different versions of the main assembly units.
Versions of the butt design:
- skeleton wooden butt (with a thumbhole);
- straight hunting butt. In this case the trigger lever is made pulled back a little;
- polymer butt. To make firing through the optical sight more comfortable, the adjustable cheek is provided;
- pistol grip and tubular metal butt folded to the right. The butt is equipped with an adjustable cheek to make firing through the optical sight more comfortable. The length of the rifle with the folded butt is reduced by 260 mm.
Versions of the hand-guard design:
- wooden hunting;
Versions of the front-sight base design:
- with long cylindrical flash suppressor;
- with short taper flash suppressor; without flash suppressor.
The rifle complete set of delivery includes: the accessories in container cleaning rod and oiler. On special order the rifles may be complete with an optical sight and a mount, a carrying case and a sling as well.
Specifications of rifles
|Barrel length, mm*
|Rifle total length, mm
|Rifle weight, empty magazine, kg
|Magazine capacity, rds.
||5 or 10
Note.* On special order the rifles may be delivered with the extended barrel (620mm).
Specifications of cartridges
||Bullet weight, gr
||Muzzle velocity, m/s
||Muzzle energy, J